Application Deadline: 31 October 2016 (latest 23:59, Central European Time).
The International Labour Organization (ILO) launches a global media competition to recognize exemplary media coverage on labour migration.
The objective of the competition is to recognize exemplary media coverage on labour migration by encouraging professional journalists to produce written articles or videos/multimedia that while not overlooking the negative aspects (e.g. often a hard reality of exploitation and violation of human and labour rights), also show the positive results of fair labour migration governance, and highlight and highlight key aspects of migration (e.g. recruitment) as well as the positive contribution of migrant workers to countries of origin, transit and destination.
This second global media competition “Breaking Stereotypes on Labour Migration” is organized by the International Labour Organization in collaboration with the International Trade Union Confederation, the International Organization of Employers, the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, the International Federation of Journalists, Equal Times, Solidarity Center, Human Rights Watch, and Migrant Forum in Asia.
The competition starts on 14 September 2016 and closes on 31 October 2016. Professional journalists are invited to submit one piece of their work to one of the two following categories:
- written articles (online or print articles)
Articles should not exceed 2000 and videos/multimedia should not be longer than 5 minutes. Submissions must have been created and published between 1 January 2015 and 31 October 2016 to qualify.
- Two winners will be selected in each category; and each winner will receive a prize of $1000.
- Winning entries will be featured on ILO website and widely promoted as an example of good journalism.
- All professional journalists are invited to send a written article that does not exceed
2000 words, or video/multimedia with a maximum duration o 5 minutes, that addresses labour migration related issues.
- To enter the competition, please fill in the online entry form before 31 October 2016 (latest 23:59, Central European Time).
- Entries are accepted in three languages: English, French, and Spanish. Entries in other languages will be accepted provided that the applicant presents a faithful translation in one of the three languages mentioned above.
- Winners will be officially announced on 18 December to mark International Migrants Day.
- For further enquiries, please contact: Labour-Migration-Media-Competition@ilo.org
For More Information: