Application Deadline: April 1, 2015.
When: June 22 to 27, 2015.
Where: Braunschweig, Germany
Theme: Transitional Justice and Education: Engaging Children and Youth in Justice and Peacebuilding through Educational Media, Curricula and Outreach
The Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research (GEI) and the International Center for Transitional Justice (ICTJ) are pleased to announce the second Georg Arnhold International Summer School on Education for Sustainable Peace on the theme of “Transitional Justice and Education: Engaging Children and Youth in Justice and Peacebuilding through Educational Media, Curricula and Outreach.” It will take place in Braunschweig from June 22 to 27, 2015.
The Summer School will focus on educational media, curricula and curriculum reform, educational activities, and diverse actors such as teachers, NGOs, UN bodies, communities and governments in the context of transitional justice processes and policies.
The working language of the Summer School will be English.
- No registration fees apply.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided for all participants and economy class travel expenses will be reimbursed.
How to apply
- The invitation to the Summer School is extended primarily to doctoral candidates and post-doctoral scholars from the humanities and social sciences (e.g. the fields of education, history, political sciences, sociology, law, anthropology and psychology).
- People working for international organizations and NGOs in the relevant fields are also welcome to apply.
- Applications from students enrolled in a Master’s program and recent graduates with a Master’s degree will be considered in exceptional cases.
- The GEI and ICTJ invite suitable applicants to submit abstracts on their research project of no more than two pages together with a CV and (if applicable) a list of publications and the completed application form. Submissions should be made electronically.
- All documents must be in Word or PDF format and the total file size must not exceed 3 MB (file name: last name, first name).
- Please send applications to [email protected], with the subject line “Arnhold Summer School.”
- The deadline for completed applications is April 1, 2015. Successful applicants will be notified by April 30, 2015.
For More Information: