Application Deadline: 18:00 CET, 15 September 2015
- Are you concerned to hear of children risking their health and lives working in gold mines?
- Is it shocking for you to imagine that once blooming nature is not here anymore?
- You can’t agree that fair trade is just a short-lived fashion?
The organisers of Green-Go Short Film Contest are waiting for attention grabbing short films focused on consumption, resource extraction and the benefits of Europe’s nature. The Organizers expect films that raise awareness about specific problem or show a solution. Make a film in the following three themes that has a high impact on citizens and decision makers and calls them to act so our world becomes a better place to live.
The best shorts will not only win valuable prizes but will be showed at international events that affect our future!
You can submit your short film in the following 3 categories:
- Our Footprint on Earth: Make a film about overconsumption or the innovative ways to change or reduce it! Raise awareness and inspire others!
Do you want to show that overconsumption is a pressing problem? Have you made changes in your life to consume less or more ethical? Love fair trade? Prefer buying local?
- Two Faces of Exploitation: Shoot a film and raise your voice for the protection of people and nature!
Do you see the dark side of raw material extraction, like mining or oil drilling? Are you aware that one million children work in mines all over the world? Do you think that such mining is not worth the social or environmental price?
- You are part of nature. Live with it! : Make your stance for European nature!
Let’s imagine there is a court process to decide whether to keep European nature or to get rid of it. The only evidence in favour of nature would be three short films. One of them would be yours.What film would that be?
- COMPLETELY fill out the online application form for contest films!
- The films should not be longer that 4 minutes. The shorter the better. Aim for 60-90 seconds.
- Films can be of any genre (cartoon, animation, puppet film, documentary, interviews, etc.)
- Send us the original film file (in any film format) via the below detailed file transfer websites in high resolution (at least 720 px wide)
- Besides the film file send us the following files via Wetransfer (up to 2GB file size) or via My Air Bridge (up to 5GB file size):
- time-coded subtitle file in English (.srt format). A separate time-coded subtitle file must be attached also to films without dialogues but with floating titles/texts. Only English subtitles are accepted!
- 3 screenshots from the short film (.jpg format)
- One applicant can only submit a maximum of three films (separate online application should be filled out for each)
- Category winners: gift voucher worth 700 EUR each in an acclaimed online store.
- One public award for the film collecting the most votes on the Green-Go website: gift voucher worth 500 EUR in an acclaimed online store.
Winners will be notified by email, information will also be available on greengofest.eu on 15 October 2015 after closing the public award voting.
- The received short films will be selected based on:
- creativity and
- strength of social, environmental and conservation messages
- potential impact on citizens and decision makers
The films will be evaluated by a jury consisting of film professionals and NGO members. In each category, the jury will announce ONE winner on 15 October 2015.
For More Information: