Application Deadline: April 15 2015
Where: Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla, India
When: 1 June-31 August 2015
The International Centre for Human Development (IC4HD) is pleased to announce a call for applications for its annual fellowship programme on human development.
These Fellowships encourage mid-career and young professionals (academics, researchers, civil servants, and development practitioners) to analyze different dimensions of human development to inform policy in developing countries. In doing so, the Fellowships aim to strengthen South South learning and experience sharing on human development practice and policy.
This residential fellowship programme is offered at the Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla, India for a period of three months (1 June-31 August 2015).
Applications are invited from all eligible candidates (list of selected eligible countries are indicated in the brochure). Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants are required to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Familiarity with human development: Applicants should situate their proposed work within the framework of human development.
- Work experience: Mid-career professionals should have a minimum work experience of 10 years. Young professionals should have a minimum work experience of 3 years.
- Age: Mid-career professionals should be between 36-45 years at the time of the closing date of applications. Young professionals should be between 25-35 years at the time of the closing date of the applications.
- Affiliation: Fellows of Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla and staff members of both IIAS and the United Nations are not eligible to apply.
- Education: A post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline is desirable. Applicants whose native language is not English are expected to have the ability to write and converse fluently in English.
- Nationality: Nationals of the countries listed in the brochure are eligible to apply in their individual capacity.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkin Faso, Burundi. Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Cot d’Ivoire, Equitorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- The Fellows will receive an amount of INR 50,000 per month for young professionals and INR 150,000 per month for mid-career professionals.
- Free furnished residential shared accommodation will be provided at IIAS.
- Fellows are expected to cover the costs of meals and utilities.
- In addition, they will be eligible to return economy airfare from and to the country of residence
Candidates must complete a formal application in English, including:
Study proposal (not exceeding 600 words) that:
- describes the main policy challenge or issue that you plan to focus on and explains its relevance and complexity;
- lists the objectives and presents the key questions that you will attempt to answer;
- explains why the issue is compelling to you;
- outlines what you already know about the issue and what more you need to learn;
- identifies your intended audience; and
- gives an overview of data sources and methods that you intend using for the analysis.
- A work plan that lists milestones over the three month fellowship for completion of the work envisaged
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of the national passport (ensuring that it is valid for obtaining a visa for India).
- Names of two referees (designation, affiliation, address, email and telephone number should be indicated) from people who are familiar with your recent work. If employed, one of them should be the current supervisorCompleted applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Applications should be submitted by 15 April 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and final decision will be communicated latest by 30 April 2015
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
For More Information: