Application Deadline: 15 January 2015
Theme: ’The Role of Youth in Solving Global Challenges and Bridging Gaps among Nations’’
On 16-19th April 2015 in Vilnius, Lithuania 80 international delegates will take part in an International Y2Y Summit ‘’The Role of Youth in Solving Global Challenges and Bridging Gaps Among Nations’’.
The aim of the event is to bring together the brightest students, youth activists, leaders in the society, entrepreneurs, professors and businessman to start a dialogue on global challenges of today and tomorrow and to create specific solutions to address them.
Organization ”Opportunity Development’‘ is the main organizer of the Y2Y Summit 2015 in Lithuania, while e-globalknowledge is the main content contributor of the summit.
Organization ”Opportunity Development” is aiming to facilitate the dialogue across cultures, countries and various environments and bring a new edge to the debate on the contemporary challenges by providing both a platform online and offline for young activists.
E-globalknowledge movement is run by young people for young people which aim is to engage more actively youth in an entire range of global issues and speak up.
The event will cover 6 topics:
– Social entrepreneurship as a tool to decrease youth unemployment;
– Youth as ambassadors of peace education;
– Youth role in decision making process;
– Development education/education for all;
– Empowerment of female youth;
– Youth in diplomacy;
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- citizen of any country across the world
- be no younger than 18 and no older than 35 years old
- demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and potential to become a key leader in your community
- passion to create positive social change and willingness to use Y2Y experience in your leadership position
- have some experience active either in politics (local, national, or international), civil society organizations, media, the business sector, local communities, faith based movements, and other fields
- good working knowledge of written and spoken English
There is a number of fee waivers and scholarships for travel, the organizers will probably not be able to fund all the participant’s attendance. The following fees have been established:
- 100 Euros for international participants residing outside Lithuania.
- 100 Euros for Lithuanian participants (accommodation covered).
- 30 Euros for Lithuanian participants (accommodation not covered).
- The fee covers accommodation, food, materials for sessions.
- The participation cost has been set with a view that it is considerably affordable for participants coming from all backgrounds. However, international participants are expected to cover their return traveling expenses and visa cost.
The organising team will select participants with varied professional and academic backgrounds. The candidates will be selected from a competitive pool based on their expertise and will ensure a geographical and gender balance.
- Round 1 is based on application form. pre-select up to 150 participants for the skype interview.
- Round 2 is based on Skype Interview. select 60 international and 20 Lithuanian delegates
- Announcement of all successful candidates will be on 01 February 2015.
For More Information: