Application Deadline: December 1st 2014
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program is a MEPI initiative for capable and highly motivated high school seniors in the Middle East and North Africa who are from underserved backgrounds. The program will provide four-year university scholarships and internship opportunities at select institutions of higher learning in the Middle East to students who have the potential to become leaders.
Eligible students include men and women who represent the region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity and are from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds, who could otherwise gain admission to, but would be unable to afford, four years of college. Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship recipients should be prepared to begin the program in the Fall 2015 term.
The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding university-age students at the American University of Beirut, the American University in Cairo, and the Lebanese American University. Selected students will join the 225 Tomorrow’s Leaders already studying at these universities.
Applicants are being recruited from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank/Gaza and Yemen
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2014;
- Citizen or national of Algeria,Egypt,Libya,Tunisia;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum Institutional TOEFL (ITP) score of 490 (or equivalent on a similar test) that is less than two years old;
- Maturity, flexibility and leadership potential;
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2015.
- Scholarship recipients may pursue an undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the three host institutions.
- In addition to their studies, recipients will be expected to engage in community service activities and participate in internships.
- Limited English-language training will be provided for some participants.
- Participation in the program includes: travel, academic fees for four years of university at AUB, AUC, or LAU, a study abroad experience in the U.S., accident and sickness insurance, housing, and a monthly allowance during the school year.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program
[…] to announce this year’s recruitment for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program. The Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program is a MEPI initiative for capable and highly motivated high school seniors in the Middle East and […]
[…] Initiative (MEPI) and AMIDEAST are pleased to announce this year’s recruitment for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program. The Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program is a MEPI initiative for capable and highly motivated […]