Application Deadline: January 16 2015
What: Migration Management Diploma Programme (MMDP)
Whom: The programme is also open to practitioners and students interested in migration issues.
When: The course begins on 1 April 2015 and ends on 26 June 2015.
The Migration Management Diploma Programme (MMDP) is designed for government officials with experience in the field of migration and asylum. It is also open to other practitioners and students interested in the management of migration and asylum policies. Running for three months, the course uses a range of teaching and evaluation methods including lectures and interactive sessions with participants. Special attention is paid to hands-on practical exercises, notably via the Problem Based Learning (PBL) method.
The MMDP aims to provide a platform for networking through field trips across Europe including a tour of Dutch Ministries in The Hague, EU institutions in Brussels, the UN and other intergovernmental agencies in Geneva, and Schiphol airport.
MMDP is sponsored by the Dutch ministry of Foreign Affairs, which offers 10 MMDP-scholarships per year to government officials from 40 developing countries with at least three years’ experience in the field of migration and/or asylum.
The MMDP is made up of three main courses:
i) Migration Management and Protection,
ii) Migration and Development,
iii) Migration Policy.
Each four-week course is deliberately broken down into four, one week blocks, making the learning process both structured and digestible. To ensure the quality of the programme there are 16 contact hours per week, with special attention paid to hands-on exercises and practical workshops
The Host Institute
UNU-MERIT and MGSoG form a research and training institute of United Nations University. The institute is also part of
Maastricht University, based in southeast Netherlands.
This scholarship programme targets government officials, with a minimum of three years’ work experience in the field
of migration and/or asylum, working in eligible countries across the developing world
Course Dates & Fees
The course begins on 1 April 2015 and ends on 26 June 2015. The tuition fee is €3000 (not applicable to scholarship recipients). Field trips cost extra and must be paid for by participants themselves (excluding scholarship recipients).
Scholarships: In Detail
This scholarship programme is available to government officials, with a minimum of three years’ work experience in the field of migration and/or asylum, from the following countries:
• Afghanistan • Algeria • Angola • Armenia • Azerbaijan • Burundi • Burkina Faso • Cape Verde • Cote d’Ivoire • China • D.R.Congo • Eritrea • Ethiopia • Georgia • Ghana • Guinea-Conakry • India • Iran • Iraq • Jordan • Kyrgyzstan • Lebanon • Libya • Moldova • Mongolia • Morocco • Nepal • Nigeria • Occupied Palestinian Territories • Pakistan • Rwanda • Sierra Leone • Somalia • South Sudan • Sri Lanka • Syria • Togo • Tunisia • Turkey • Uganda • Yemen
How to Apply:
The application deadline is 16 January 2015.
Please register online at: http://www.merit.unu.edu/mmdp/application/form.php2.
Then submit the following documents to: [email protected]
• a recent CV explicitly outlining work experience in the field of asylum and migration;
• a passport copy and a passport-size picture;
• a proof of proficiency in English (IELTS / TOEFL);
• two reference letters, from current or former employers and/or professors;
• copies of degree(s) and lists of grades;
• a motivation letter which explains why the applicant chose this programme and which convinces the Board of Admissions that he or she will complete the programme successfully.
For More Information: