Application Deadline : 28 February 2015
The The New Partnership For Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Climate Change Fund was established in 2014 by the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency with support from the Government of Germany. The Fund offers technical and financial assistance to AU member states, Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and institutions that meet the eligibility criteria and the clearly defined targeted areas of support of the fund.
The target areas are:
- Adaptation of agriculture to climate change
- Access and benefit sharing
- Development and implementation support to National Adaptation Plans (NAPs)
- Mainstreaming of climate change into the National Agricultural Investment Plans (NAIPs)
Activities will be supported Focus Area 1 : Training, Capacity Development and Awareness Creation
• Training and capacity building for technical persons and stakeholders involved in climate smart agriculture, climate change and biodiversity conservation in national and regional institutions, particularly in the application of measures and strategies for addressing climate change adaptation.
• Awareness creation and provision of education and information for decision-makers in government, private or public institutions
Support interventions using already-proven instruments and measures at regional and national level, disseminating of lessons
learned and good practices
Focus Area 2: Policy advice and technical support
• Support mainstreaming of climate change into national policies particularly in National Adaptation Plans (NAPs) and National Agriculture Investment Plans (NAIPs).
• Development of policies, strategies and guidelines for improving frameworks in line with international standards and Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) such as the UNFCCC, UNCCD and CBD conventions.
Who can apply?
Institutions and Organizations working specifically in the target areas of the Fund will be considered. Priority will be given to African:
• Government institutions (e.g. Ministries of environment, agriculture, municipalities etc)
• Regional Economic Communities
• Regional and national coalitions of civil society organisations involved in the target areas of the Fund
What is the limit of the fund?
The maximum amount of the grants per project financed shall be up to 200 000 EUR.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Download and fill the application forms below:
Guidelines for applicants [ENGLISH | FRENCH]
Grant application form: [ENGLISH | FRENCH]
Step 2: Submission of project proposals must be made in English, French by the deadline indicated in the call for project proposals and submitted in soft or hard copies to:
Email: [email protected]
NEPAD Climate Change Fund
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
Private Bag 128 Halfway House
Step 4: Proposals are received and evaluated against the eligibility criteria and checked to ensure that that the proposal is complete and that all necessary information is included.
For More information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the NEPAD Climate Change Fund