Application Deadline: 5th of May 2015
There comes a time when the certain something you have been waiting for comes along. A time when opportunity comes walking into your life. Introducing – Nyamuka Zambia. It’s a business plan competition and you could get that BIG BREAK to help you make your business dreams come true by winning K250,000 to make your businesses ideas take life.
Nyamuka Zambia is a business plan competition that is transforming Zambia’s entrepreneurial landscape by inspiring ambitious businessmen and women to raise their game and take their ideas to the next level – creating employment and driving the economy forward in the process.
Nyamuka Zambia provides all competitors with invaluable support and expertise through business planning workshops, coaching and mentoring sessions and many opportunities to network and connect with the wider world of business – so everyone is a winner, with the best talents being substantially rewarded for their innovative business ideas and plans. Nyamuka Zambia is part of the Private Enterprise Programme-Zambia (PEPZ), funded by the United Kingdom Government’s Department for International Development (DFID).
The Nyamuka Zambia Business Plan Competition will award prizes to all its 20 finalists.
- The Competition is open to all Zambian citizens or residents aged 18 years or over on 5th May, the closing day of the competition, providing that the entry proposes a new business idea or an added value expansion of an existing business, that will be fully based in Zambia. If it is an existing business it should have no more than 50 employees.
- Each idea may be submitted only once and only one application may be submitted by each Applicant for the purposes of this competition. Only one entry and therefore one prize per person or group is permissible.
- Ideas can be submitted by individuals or by a group as long as all group members meet all of the criteria and only one person from the group participates in the training sessions and events. The same person must be the one who attends the entire programme from beginning to end. All group members will be required to provide proof of identification.
- The top prize winner will win K250, 000 to go towards setting up or expanding their businesses. In addition to the cash prize, winners will be able to claim business development vouchers that give them access to a qualified pool of business development service providers to assist them post winning the competition.
The prize fund for the competition is as follows:
- First Prize K 250,000
- Second Prize K 175,000
- Third Prize K 150,000
- Fourth Prize K 125,000
- Fifth Prize K 100,000
- Fifteen Winners K 75,000 each
The Competition Process
Round One of the Nyamuka Zambia Business Plan Competition has three main phases which include the application phase (submitting your business idea), developing your business plan and lastly finalizing your business plan and allocation of awards.
Round one will run from March to September 2015
How to Participate
ALL the documents below are mandatory downloads:
- Nyamuka BPC Application Form (Word or PDF)
- Information & Rules on how to fill in the application form
- Application Guidelines
- Official NZ BPC Terms & Conditions
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2015 Nyamuka Zambia Business Plan Competition