Application Deadline: 1st March 2015
The Space/WIRED Creative Fellowships Programme is looking for digital artists from around the world who have inspiration for a game-changing work of art — with a total of £100,000 being awarded to three emerging digital artists.
The three Fellows chosen will receive £30,000 plus an additional £10,000 budget for training and mentorship working towards their proposed art projects. The Fellowship Programme wants to hear why the proposed artistic work will make a significant impact on the world, what’s particularly innovative about it, and why you deserve to be one of WIRED’s Creative Fellows.
To apply, you must be:
- Over 18.
- An individual artist applying alone. No formal training or qualifications are required.
- Based anywhere in the world.
- You anticipate completing your proposed artwork or project to showcase on The Space & WIRED by October 2015. Ideally, you will share the process of creating the work as you go along with WIRED and The Space who will create editorial content featuring materials from the studio or rehearsal or creative process, live Q&A sessions, and where possible work in progress.
- No formal training or qualifications are required for people to enter, and each of the three successful Creative Fellows will receive £30,000. A
- n additional budget will be allocated for training and mentorship working towards their proposed art projects, as well as a dedicated producer who will support them through the creative process.
- Creative Fellows will also receive the benefits of being an Innovation Fellow.
- The three winners will be revealed at the beginning of April 2015.
- Winners will then have time to complete their artworks for WIRED2015, taking place in London in October 2015.
Those looking to apply to be a Creative Fellow will need to send all of the following to [email protected], with “Creative Fellowships 2015” in the subject line:
– Your name, full street address, email address, phone contact, and details of your current work / practice.
– Your biography, in up to 500 words.
Examples of previous artistic work. You can submit these as video, audio file or PDF documents. Video or audio files should be a maximum of three minutes and hosted as a private Vimeo, YouTube, Soundcloud or Dropbox entry.
Please indicate links in bold on the email and provide sign-in details if required to access the content.
An explanation of why you believe your proposed artistic project will make a significant impact on the cultural sector, what is innovative about it, and therefore why you deserve to be one of The Space WIRED Creative Fellows.
Your explanation can be up to 1,000 words of text, plus any supporting photographs, videos (as a link with a password), audio or other documentary material.
For More Information: