Application Deadline: March 22nd 2015
TreccAfrica (Transdisciplinary Training for Resource Efficiency and Climate Change Adaptation in Africa) will provide doctoral and master’s training to 80 postgraduate students in Africa at six leading African Universities to provide the next generation of academics and professionals who will be able to address an interlocking set of real challenges for Africa’s future development: climate change and resource depletion.
Through the support of the Intra-ACP Mobility Scheme of the European Commission working through the African Union, the funds for this mobility scheme will be disbursed over a period of 5 years. Potential candidates cross national and study boundaries, to address the challenges of climate change adaptation and natural resource depletion.
The scholarship call is open until 22 March 2015 for the following type of applications:
- PhD Mobility,
- Master Mobility
- Master Full-degree
- Staff Exchange
The academic institutions at which the TRECCAfrica scholarships are tenable are the universities of Dar es Salaam (Tanzania), Ghana, Mekelle (Ethiopia), Nairobi (Kenya), Nigeria and Stellenbosch (South Africa).
To be eligible for the Scholarship, masters and doctoral students must:
- Must be a national and/ or resident of any of the eligible countries
- Target group 1 students must be registered or admitted to one of the Higher Education Institutions (HEI) comprising the consortium at the time of application for the scholarship. Eligible students must therefore be registered/ admitted at the University of Ghana, Mekelle University, the University of Dar es Salaam, the University of Nairobi, Stellenbosch University and the University of Nigeria (Nsukka).
- Target group 2 students must be registered or admitted at a Higher Education Institution in one of the eligible countries identified in the Intra-ACP call.
- Students are also required to have sufficient knowledge of the language in which courses are offered at the host HEI.
For staff to be eligible for TRECCAfrica scholarships, they need to comply with the following criteria:
- Be a national or resident of the countries covered by the scholarship
- Work at or be associated with a Higher Education Institution
- The assignment of mobility of a staff member must be based on the agreement between partner institutions.
- There must be an agreement between the home and host HEI regarding the modules to be taught by the visiting lecturer, the type of research to be conducted, the type of training to be followed or the administrative tasks to be undertaken.
- Staff mobility may take the form of a direct post-to-post exchange or a one way flow of mobility to or from an eligible country.
The TreccAfrica individual scholarships will cover: