Application Deadline: April 6 2015
The Entry-Level Humanitarian Professional Programme (EHP) is a competitive point of entry into UNHCR’s Professional Category which aims at recruiting a cohort of highly motivated and talented individuals, who have a passion for humanitarian work. Selected candidates will join the organization at the P2 level and will be deployed to the field.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), also known as the UN Refugee Agency, is a United Nations agency mandated to protect and support refugees at the request of a government or the UN itself and assists in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
The strategic objective of the Entry Level Professional Humanitarian Programme is to identify the talent required by UNHCR to meet its operational and organizational demands today and in the future. If you are a talented professional with a passion for humanitarian work, and under 40 years of age, this is an excellent opportunity to build a career with UNHCR.
The overall strategic objective for UNHCR’s International Professional Recruitment and Conversion Initiative is to identify the talent UNHCR requires to meet its operational and organizational demands today and in the future.
The EHP is not geared to the filling of specific positions, but rather to identify a cohort of highly
qualified individuals with the profiles that UNHCR has identified and who will be prepared to
undertake suitable assignments anywhere in the world.
Applicants will need to fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- Two years of relevant working experience in the respective functional area;
- Proficiency in English and at least one other UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish);
- Willingness to serve in conflict zones, and field locations.
- In order to apply, first you have to register on UNHCR webpage,
- Then check which job position is compatible with your skills and competences and
- You should follow the steps in order to complete the application.