Application Deadline: February 28, 2015
Vital Voices identifies high potential yet underserved women-owned small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that are on the cusp of growth as the “missing middle” in the global economy. Based on its experience with women business owners around the world, Vital Voices has launched the VV GROW Fellowship Program, a one-year competitive program to support growth-oriented women business owners to take their businesses and leadership to the next level.
The program supports women-owned enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), to set and achieve business growth goals with a unique blend of online learning, in-person training, and tailored support services.
The one-year program timeline consists of 4 components:
- A competitive participant selection process and business needs assessment
- Virtual Training: 4-6 months including a mix of online learning via webinars and Harvard Manage Mentor; network building via webinars and peer/small group calls; updates of key business tools such as the SWOT, the Business Model Canvas, and key financial statements
- In-Person Training: 4-day in-person trainings in each region, LAC, MENA, and SSA featuring group sessions, one-on-one advising, and networking opportunities
- Growth Services and Support: 5-6 months of tailored services such as small grants (potential), one-on-one advising, technical assistance, and Harvard Manage Mentor
Vital Voices is seeking applications from women business owners from Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa, who:
- Own a businesses that has been in operation for at least 3 years,
- Employ at least 3 staff (including temporary and/or seasonal workers), and
- Generate at least USD $40,000 in annual sales
As an interested applicant, you:
- Are motivated to build the skills and make the changes needed to grow your business,
- Are excited to participate in a one year program including on-line and in-person training and access to business growth opportunities, and
- Recognize the value of and participate in the tracking of the growth of your business for up to 2 years through methods such as surveys, calls, or additional opportunities.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Vital Voices GROW Fellowship Programme