Application Deadline: September 30th 2015
The World Health Organization (WHO) as the leader in global public health issues is committed to building future leaders in public health. WHO’s Internship Programme offers a wide range of opportunities for students to gain insight in the technical and administrative programmes of WHO.
The duration of WHO internships is between six to 12 weeks. Exceptionally, internships may be extended up to a maximum of 24 weeks depending on the needs of the WHO technical unit and your availability. WHO internships are not paid and all costs of travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the intern candidate.
- You are at least twenty years of age on the date of application.
- You have completed three years of full-time studies (bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; or
- You are enrolled in an advanced degree programme in a graduate school (second university degree, equivalent, or higher) at the time of application; or
- You possess a first degree in a public health, medical or social field related to the technical work of WHO or a degree in a management-related or administrative field, and are applying for an intenship within six months of graduation.
- You are fluent in the working language of the office of assignment (English or French for WHO Headquarters)
How can I apply?
- You are invited to complete an application for internship. This questionnaire includes providing details about your education and experience. You will be able to indicate the area of work within WHO that you are hoping to intern.
- You will be asked to write about your motivation for applying for a WHO Internship.
- If you are interested in applying for an internship in one of our regional or country offices where a limited number of internships may be available, please contact them directly at the following e-mail addresses:
- WHO Regional Office for Africa: email@example.com
- WHO Regional Office for the Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHO Regional Office for Europe: email@example.com
- WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHO Regional Office for South-East Asia: email@example.com
- WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO Headquarters also accepts interns in the following out-posted offices:
- WHO Global Service Centre: email@example.com
- WHO Kobe Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO Regional Office for Africa: email@example.com
For More Information: