Application Deadline: 28 February 2015
The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2015-2016 Academic Year:
- Animal nutrition and feed safety
- Plant protection
- Rural development and agribusiness
The following universities are participating:
- Kaposvár University
- University of Pannonia Georgikon Faculty
- Szent István University, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Courses will be offered provided the minimum number of students is reached.
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period;
- basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs.
All of the above mentioned costs are financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007. Scholarship students are entitled to the same health care coverage offered to Hungarian students during the course of the scholarship. The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply to the Scholarship Programme: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
Application and selection process
The selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2015.
Student selection will take place in two phases:
Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit recommendations to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETEDdossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. It is important to note that a favourable pre-screening in the first step does not guarantee selection.
Phase 2: The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry. Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by e-mail consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
All submitted documents must be in English. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.
Applications by interested candidates should be submitted by e-mail to FAO in the period by 28 February 2015
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Hungarian Government Scholarship Programme
my name is Fasil Getahun i graguated in Environmental Engineering in Hawassa university,Ethiopia .am very happy if i get this opportunity .and it’s help to the development of Africa or developing country
my name is fasil getahun am graduared in environmental engineering in hawassa university from ethiopia an very happy if i get this opportunity .this type of program helps developing country due to produce educated man power.