Application Deadline: 9 March 2015
Organizers: The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and EF Education First (EF)
What: The 2015 UNAOC-EF Summer School
Where: Education First American Campus, Tarrytown, New York.
When: 13 -20 June 2015
Whom: Young people aged 18-35 from across the globe,
The conviction that young people are drivers of positive social change is the basis for the UNAOC-EF Summer School. This weeklong summer school brings together 75 individuals aged 18-35 from across the globe, to address pressing global challenges in the context of cultural and religious diversity.
The UNAOC-EF Summer School will be held on EF’s historic American campus in Tarrytown, New York. Participants will be hosted on the center’s 25-acre campus, which boasts on site residences, student lounges, a fitness center and swimming pool.
A visit to UN headquarters in New York City
One highlight of this year’s Summer School will be a visit to the United Nations headquarters in New York City. Participants will have the opportunity to explore the UN space, how it operates and addresses issues such as disarmament, peace and security. A special panel discussion will be arranged in which they can engage with UN officials.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old on 13 June 2015 — the start of the UNAOC – EF Summer School.
- be linked to an organization or a network (e.g. youth council, youth NGO, non-profit organization, youth-led organization, community organization, faith-based organization, youth network or platform, college, university, social entrepreneur, blogger, etc.)
- hold a passport valid until at least January 2016 (for a visa to be issued, a passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of entry into the country).
- possess upper-intermediate English proficiency.
• cost of USA visa processing, if applicable (if the participant needs a visa to enter the USA),
• meals during the official portions of the Summer School,
• full event access during the entire week of the Summer School,
• shuttles from and to the airport in New York City and,
• international travel insurance while traveling from their residence to the Tarrytown campus until their return home from the program.
• costs incurred to travel to/from US mission (embassy, consulate) to apply for visa,
• local transportation to and from the international airport close to their residence,
• cost of meals and other incidental expenses while traveling from and to their residence to New York City,
• cost of meals and other incidental expenses incurred outside of the official portions of the Summer School,
• any souvenirs, phone calls, equipment, etc. purchased for the Summer School or during the Summer School.
- Application Opens – January 26 2015
- Application Deadline: 9 March 2015, at 23:59 New York City local time. Any application received after this deadline will not be accepted.
- 75 selected participants announced: 8 April 2015.
- The UNAOC-EF Summer School begins: 13 June 2015
- The UNAOC-EF Summer School ends: 20 June 2015
For more information:
Email : info@UNAOCEFSummerSchool.org