Application Deadline:December 31, 2019
The Youth Leadership Program with Sudan is a three-week exchange, from April 4 – 25, 2020 in the United States for high school students and adult mentors. The primary program themes are civic education, community service, and youth leadership development. Participants live with host families for the majority of the exchange and engage in leadership and civic education workshops, community service activities, visits to local schools and community organizations, project planning and development, and local cultural activities with American peers. Participants return home with action plans to bring their exchange experience to their home communities in the form of a wide range of community service projects.
Adult applicants must:
- Be a citizen and live in Sudan (applicants with dual U.S. citizenship will not be considered);
- Be teachers, trainers, and/or community leaders who work with youth;
- Have proficiency in English;
- Demonstrate positive leadership and service;
- Exhibit a high level of open-mindedness, flexibility, and interpersonal skills;
- Have the ability to work cooperatively in a team and tolerate the opinions of others; and
- Be willing to take on the role of chaperone, exchange participant, and commit to the continued mentorship of youth participants after their return home.
For More Information: