Application Deadline: January 9th 2022
The GSMA Innovation Fund for Climate Resilience and Adaptation will help accelerate the testing, adoption and scalability of digital innovations that enable the world’s most vulnerable populations to adapt, anticipate and absorb the negative impacts of climate change.
The GSMA is looking for start-ups, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and social enterprises in Africa, Asia-Pacific, the Caribbean, Latin America and Eastern Europe that leverage digital technology, particularly mobile, to deliver climate resilience and adaptation solutions to and with low-income and vulnerable populations.
Climate resilience and adaptation solutions are defined as those that help to build individual, community or institutional capacities to:
- Adapt to multiple, long-term and future climate change risks;
- Anticipate and reduce the impact of climate variability and extremes through preparedness and planning; and/or
- Absorb (i.e. face and manage) adverse conditions, emergencies or disasters.
The objective of the Fund is to test and generate insights from innovative use-cases, partnerships and business models in selected geographies in order to improve the sustainability and scalability of digital enabled solutions that make a positive impact on low-income populations and those who are most vulnerable to current or future climate risks.
Successful projects will receive an equity-free grant of between £100,000 and £250,000 to scale their innovation over a 15 to 18 month period.
In addition to the financial compensation, grantees will receive further support, including but not limited to:
- Learning exchange opportunities with other grantees and GSMA networks;
- Facilitation of relationships with mobile operators and public sector organisations; and
- Profiling opportunities through GSMA publications, social media and industry leading MWC events.
For More Information: