Application Deadline: 11 July 2018
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe has opened a call for participants for the 9th Training Course on Global Development Education for Youth Multipliers. The new edition for the course it will take place in Mollina (Spain) from 10-14 September 2018, in the framework of the 19th edition of the University on Youth and Development.
The training course promoted in the framework of the iLegend project aims at empowering representatives of youth organisations and youth multipliers with a series of competences and tools to promote Global Development Education and to further develop their work on human rights, intercultural dialogue and democratic citizenship following the North-South Centre Global Education guidelines.
The training course provides youth multipliers and youth organisations with new tools and knowledge to play a greater change-making role in their communities within the current global interconnected context.
- to understand the skills, values and knowledge behind the concept of GDE;
- to provide youth multipliers with a series of competences and tools to promote and disseminate principles of GDE to other young people.
- to raise awareness about the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (UN Agenda 2030) and the role that young people and youth organisations have in implementing, monitoring and evaluating the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) in their local communities following a “glocal” approach;
- to offer a platform for youth peer-education and for the development of multilateral youth activities that promote peaceful and inclusive societies.
- The training course targets 30 participants.
- Candidates will be considered for the selection phase on the basis of the following eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- are aged 18-30 years;
- are able to fluently communicate in English;
- play an active role within a youth organisation/platform or a youth-related institution.
- are supported by an organization which has youth as main target group and which will support the candidates in the follow up phase.
- The call is open to Citizens of the 47 Council of Europe Member States. However, a 20% quota is available for citizens from the Southern Mediterranean region and a 10% quota for citizens the African continent.
- The course will gather 30 representatives of youth organisation/platform or youth-related institutions. The call is open to Citizens of the 47 Council of Europe Member States. However, a 20% quota is available for citizens from the Southern Mediterranean region – Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon Libya, Israel, Jordan, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia and Palestine* – and a 10% quota for citizens of the African continent.
- After the conclusion of the course the participants will act as youth multipliers by developing follow-up initiatives with the support of their sending organisation.
- Arrivals are expected on 9th September and departures on 15th September 2018.
- The North-South Centre will issue pre-paid flight round-trip tickets from the country of residence to Malaga airport (Spain).
- Transfers from and to the airport/train station to the training venue will be ensured by the North-South Centre
- It is expected that participants/ supporting organisations assume expenses related to local transport in the home country, as well as visa costs.
- Please look for information regarding health and visa needs that you might have to attend the activity.
- The board and lodging for the full duration of the training course is covered.
- Participants will be accommodated in double/triple rooms.
- NSC-CoE Secretariat: [email protected] +351 21 358 40 39
For More Information