Application Deadline: 15 March 2015,
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of National Education (MNE), in keeping with Romanian current legislation. offers 85 scholarships for under- and post-graduate studies in Romania, by means of selection of application files organised.
Who can qualify:
- Citizens of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence). Priority is given to citizens from non EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.
- Mention should be made that foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighbouring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programmes offered by the Romanian state.
The scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
a) for the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
b) for the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
c) for the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
The scholarship consists of :
- free-of-charge tuition,
- free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
priority will be given to the candidates applying for: political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary medicine, architecture, music, arts, music.
Language of Study:
In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language.
To get all necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
– the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to
– the diplomatic mission of candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
Application files submitted by post or directly to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) or to the Ministry of National Education (MNE), as well as application files received after the announced deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Applications files should contain documents in English or French language.
To get all necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrollment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to
- the diplomatic mission of candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
The deadline for submitting the application files is established by each diplomatic mission. The candidate should enquire at the diplomatic mission about the enrollment calendar, starting 3 December 2014. Foreign diplomatic missions accredited to Bucharest must send the application files to Ministry of Foreign Affairs by 15 March 2015, at the latest.
For More Information: