Application Deadline: June 15 2015
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is one of the leading multidisciplinary research and development organisations in Africa with a sterling and proud track record of developing ‘Ideas that work’ to address a wide range of challenges.
The CSIR hereby invites bursary applications from talented young people wishing to pursue careers in science, engineering, research, technology development and innovation.
CSIR Undergraduate Bursary Programme
The CSIR Undergraduate Bursary Programme is open to all academically qualified young people and aims to attract and increase the participation of women and black people in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers.
If you are a South African citizen successfully pursuing a degree in a STEM field at a South African university or a Grade 12 learner aiming to study for a degree in a STEM field in 2016, the CSIR bursary may just be for you.
CSIR Postgraduate Bursary Programme
The CSIR Postgraduate Bursary Programme is open to all academically qualified students and also aims to attract and increase participation of women and black people in STEM careers.
Grade 12 Learners
- A minimum of a Level 5 for English First Language or a Level 4 for English Second Language in Grade 11.
- Preferably at least a Level 6 for Mathematics and Physical Science in Grade 11.
- Must have passed all courses for the study period already completed.
This is a comprehensive bursary that covers all the costs associated with university studies for the duration of the approved degree programme. Costs include:
- TUITION FEES
- LIVING ALLOWANCE
- LAPTOP ALLOWANCE
How to Apply:
- Fill Out the Application Form
- Complete and submit your application or email [email protected] for an application form or send your application by registered mail to CSIR Bursary Office, P.O. Box 395, Pretoria 0001 or visit your nearest university.
For More Information: