Application Deadline: January 15, 2016.
Are you a scientist? An entrepreneur? A researcher? An innovator? A student? Are you just someone who has a great idea or startup company and are looking to change the world? Whoever you are, if you have a great idea then GIST Tech-I is for you!
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and the U.S. Department of State are pleased to announce the launch of the 2016 GIST (Global Innovation through Science and Technology) Technology Idea (Tech-I) Competition.
Tech-I is part of the GIST Initiative and an annual global pitch competition which seeks to identify and select, train, and encourage exciting young scientists, engineers, and great minds to build businesses around the world. This year citizens from 135 countries and emerging economies spanning Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America are eligible to apply with an innovative science and technology idea or startup in any sector.
The GIST Tech-I Competition is an annual competition for science and technology entrepreneurs from emerging economies worldwide. Aspiring innovators submit their ideas and startups online in an application consisting of an executive summary and promotional video.
Their applications are then reviewed by experts and voted on by the global voting public in order to determine the finalists. Up to thirty finalists receive a trip to the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), this year in Silicon Valley, to showcase their ventures and to receive intensive training. GIST Tech-I winners, selected by experts at the GES, win prizes, and receive one-on-one mentorship and training.
- The GIST Tech-I competition is open to everyone between the ages of 18 to 40 years old who has either an idea or a startup.
- Your idea or startup can be an invention, a product, a service, an app, any combination of these, or something entirely unique.
- Your idea can be in any sector whether it be agriculture, ICT, health, energy, or even aerospace!
The GIST Tech-I Competition is designed to encourage and support technology and science entrepreneurs to launch and/or grow a company through:
- Training and mentorship with successful entrepreneurs, scientists, angel investors, and venture capitalists
- Networking opportunities
- Access to capital through networking opportunities
- Prizes to support your entrepreneurship goals
- National and international visibility for your idea or enterprise
How to Apply:
- Applicants are required to submit a short summary of their product, research, service, or concept, followed by a larger 750-word executive summary describing the proposed work and the science and technology behind it.
- Applicants will also provide a 90-second promotional pitch video to showcase their innovation.
- Up to 100 applicants will be selected as semi-finalists who will then have their pitch videos featured online and voted on by the public.
- These votes will help to select up to thirty finalists who will pitch their ventures to a global audience at the 2016 Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Silicon Valley, California.
- During this internationally prestigious event, these amazing up-and-coming innovators will receive intensive skills training, mentorship, and networking access to global leaders in their fields. Winners of GIST Tech-I will receive seed capital prizes.
- All finalists will receive up to three months of mentoring following the finals.
For More Information: