Application Deadline: 30 April 2016
The Centre of African Studies offers 3 MSc scholarships to African residents as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
- Domicile/Residency: Applicants must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub‐Saharan Africa.
- Eligible Programmes: MSc (Full‐time) undertaken by scholarship applicants must directly address or be applicable to the issue of Governance in Africa.
- Assessment: Scholarship candidates will be assessed based on their academic merit and references. SOAS is committed to accepting only those scholarship candidates who can demonstrate an ability to complete a MSc in one year.
- You should print out the Application Form, sign and scan it and email this along withCV and Supporting Statement in a single email to:
Ms Angelica Baschiera at [email protected].
- Email applications are preferable, but if you are unable to send your application by email,please post it to:
Once the place is secured, the applicants can apply for the scholarship. Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members. The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the following:
- academic achievement and evidence of critical analytical capabilities;
- supporting statement;
- evidence of interest in and knowledge of linkages between governance and development
FOR MORE INFORMATION: