When: 2nd to 5th February 2016.
Under the IFITT ICT4D Scholarship (Information and Communication Technologies for Development), IFITT (The International Federation for IT in Travel and Tourism) will fund young talents coming from developing/emerging countries, to provide a positive impact onto their respective communities through the application of ICT.
Submission should be connected with a Master or PhD thesis, having a clear orientation to electronic tourism and local development. Awarded students will have the possibility to present their work at ENTER2016 during the PhD workshop.
Organized by the International Federation for Information Technology and Travel & Tourism (IFITT) the ENTER2016 conference offers a worldwide and unique forum for attendees from academia, industry, government, and other organizations to actively exchange, share, and challenge state-of-the-art research and industrial case studies on the application of information and communication technologies to travel and tourism.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a University program either PhD (priority) or Master (or equivalent) in the below listed eligible countries. Evidences should be included in the application.
- The applicant may also have a research/work contract in one University belonging to the below listed eligible countries (e.g. researcher, lecturer). Evidences should be included in the application.
- The contract with the University of the eligible country should expire at least 6 months after ENTER2016 (i.e. July, 2016). Evidences should be included in the application.
- Every applicant can apply only one time per year.
- The University should belong to the “Eligible Countries”.
- Priority countries (priority)
- Also eligible countries
- The IFITT ICT4D commission will decide about the scholarship award.
- Commission is elected by IFITT board
- Scholarship will be ONLY awarded in relation to ENTER2016.
- IFITT will issue an invitation letter to successful candidates conditional to the participation at ENTER2016.
- Each candidate is responsible for obtaining a valid travel visa and will have to cover all cost that occurs from that.
The scholarship consists of an assignment of a tutor, a non-cash prize for ENTER2016 participation (comprising travel, accommodation and conference fee) and free IFITT membership for one year.
Conditions about the non-cash prize
- The non-cash prize consists of:
- An invitation from IFITT (International Federation of IT in Travel and Tourism) to attend ENTER2016 in Bilbao (Spain) from 2nd to 5th February 2016.
- Return international economy flights to the nearest airport from the nearest major airport to the candidate’s university.
- Four nights accommodation.
- Return transfer from/to airport to city accommodation at the destination.
- The non-cash prize is not transferable.
- Submission GuidelinesSubmission guidelines are similar to the one of ENTER2016 PhD workshop. The research proposals should be a maximum length of seven (7) pages (A4) and should typically include the following headings:Page 1: Motivation Letter
- Why is important to attend the PhD workshop & ENTER2016
Page 2-6: Research Outline
- Problem definition
- Literature review
- Conceptual development
- Proposed methodology
- Anticipated results
Page 7: Local development
- Relevance of the research for the local development.
Page 8: Submission Checklist
- Please refer to the last page of this document
E-Mail: Alessandro Inversini email@example.com
For More Information: