Application Deadline: February 4th, 2014.
Based on a special partnership between the Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) and the Agence Française de Développement (AFD), multiple scholarships ranging from partial to full tuition grants will be offered every year to incoming students in the Development programs of PSIA, coming from AFD priority countries in Africa. The AFD is the main implementing agency for France’s official development assistance to developing countries and overseas territories.
- Eligible candidates are students admitted to the Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) for the 2014 intake, and enrolled in the Master in Development Practice (one‐year program). Students enrolled in the Master in International Development (two‐year program) are also eligible.
- The AFD‐PSIA Scholarship is dedicated to students from Africa. Priority will be given to students coming from the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ghana, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, and Togo.
- Students applying to a dual degree program are not eligible.
- Multiple scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to the best candidates on the basis of their academic record and their project at Sciences Po.
- In principle, the AFD‐PSIA Scholarship goes towards covering tuition fees.
- The AFD‐PSIA scholarship is offered for the entire length of study at PSIA on condition of sufficient academic performance (top 50% of class). Students who do not meet this requirement will have their scholarship withdrawn.
- Master in Development Practice: in principle, the scholarship is offered for one year. Students enrolled on this program must show sufficient academic performance during the first semester or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second semester.
- Master in International Development: in principle, the scholarship is offered for both years of study.
- Students enrolled on this program must show sufficient academic performance over the course of the first year or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second year.
The scholarship is dependent on the awardees completing their course of study at PSIA. A change in
Master will lead to the withdrawal of the scholarship
To apply, please send the following materials by email to Heather Clarke at [email protected]
with ‘AFD‐PSIA Scholarship Application 2014’ in the subject line.
For all applicants:
- CV in English
- Cover letter of 1000 words in English (indicating which program at PSIA you are applying for) addressed to the members of the joint selection committee
- Release form
- For applicants coming from Sciences Po’s Undergraduate College only, in addition to the two above mentioned items (CV and cover letter), please also provide:
- Copy of the official academic transcripts for the entire length of your time in higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programs)
- Two letters of reference from professors. To ensure confidentiality, these letters should be sent by the professors directly by email to: [email protected]