Deadline: December 10 2013
The One Young World Summit is an annual Summit where the young delegates, backed by the One Young World Counsellors, debate and formulate solutions for the pressing issues the world faces.
Each year, Coordinating Ambassadors from 21 geographical regions are elected to take the lead on reporting on the work that happens in between Summits.
The 2014 edition of the One Young world annual summit will be held in Dublin, Ireland , the 2013 edition was held for the first tim in Johannesburg South Africa.
- One Young World delegates are 18-30 years old
- You have demonstrated their leadership potential.
Please note that you can only apply to be a Coordinating Ambassador if you have attended a One Young World Summit before.
- A fully sponsored Returning Ambassador place* at the One Young World Summit 2014 in Dublin.
- Attend a special exclusive event for Coordinating Ambassadors at the 2014 Summit.
- Key role in defining the 2014 Summit agenda.
- Contribute to a working group at the 2014 Summit to share experience and formulate best practice for future Coordinators.
- Unique chance to represent an international organisation at a national and regional level.
- Opportunity to help host national and regional events with key partners.
- A direct working relationship with One Young World leadership, including attending/hosting approved events.
- Gain new skills such as impact measurement, reporting and communications.
What are the responsibilities?
Coordinating Ambassadors will primarily be expected to liaise with all One Young World Ambassadors within their geographical regions . They may set up a regional Ambassador Committee if they wish to ensure the following are delivered:
One Young World will create an Ambassador activity and output measurement questionnaire. Coordinators will ensure Ambassadors in their region complete the questionnaire, verifying the information supplied is correct.
Gathering photography, film and other media
Alongside information and data, Coordinators will gather compelling film and photography of Ambassadors in their region.
Organise physical and/or online Ambassador meetings/focus groups
Coordinators will assist One Young World in canvassing Ambassadors regarding the topics to be covered at the 2014 Summit.
Commissioning Ambassador Blogs
Blogs written by Ambassadors are currently published on the One Young World website and on The Huffington Post. Coordinators will commission and deliver at least four blogs per month written by Ambassadors in their region.
Three applicants from each region will be shortlisted and the Coordinating Ambassadors will then be elected by a vote open to all One Young World Ambassadors.
10 December – Applications close
19 December – Election of shortlisted applicants opens
January 2014 – Coordinating Ambassadors announced
For More Information: