Application Deadline: November 16th 2015
Open for: The Lucas Dolega Award is open to all professional freelance photographers, without age or country restrictions.
Cost: The participation is free.
The Lucas Dolega Award is intended for freelance professional photographers. It aims to support and accompany photographers with important stories elaborated under risky conditions in order to ensure communication of free and independent information to the public.
The Award aims a rewarding a photographer who, through his or her personal commitment, involvement in the field, as well as the quality of his or her work, will have been able to testify to his or her attachment to the freedom of information.
Participants will have to present a report on the coverage of any event relevant to the defense of freedoms and democracy, a conflict (civil or military wars, riots, attacks or public demonstrations…), a revolution, a natural or sanitary disaster, and/or their consequences on civil populations.
- The competition is open exclusively to professional freelance photographers of all nationalities, without age restrictions.
- The term freelance is defined as a non-staff photographer, i.e. a photographer who does not work full time and exclusively for a press organization.
- Each Participant is allowed to submit several photographic reports up to three reportages.
- There should be one participation file (the Entry) per reportage.
Each photo reportage will have to be completed between November 1st 2014 and November 15th 2015
The Award Prize:
- The Lucas Dolega Award will reward a photographer with a endowment by Olympus of 10.000 Euros,
- An exhibition in Paris, and a publication in the Reporters without borders album.
For More Information: