Application Deadline: November 30th 2015
The Ericsson Innovation Awards 2016 is an open competition for students all around the world.
The Ericsson Innovation Awards are a global competition that gives students the opportunity to develop innovative ICT ideas in collaboration with Ericsson experts.
The theme for EIA 2016 is the future of city life. The competition is therefore focused on ideas that use ICT to improve the quality of urban life and to ensure that tomorrow’s cities are creative, connected and sustainable places to live and work.
This year the competition is all about cities. Today, more people live in cities than in rural areas, and by 2050, about 70 percent of the world’s population is expected to reside in urban areas. Ensuring that our cities are creative, connected and sustainable is a major challenge but also an opportunity to improve the lives of billions of people along with the health and future of the planet itself. What is your next big idea?
- EIA 2016 is open to teams of two to four students.
After registration closes on November 30, 2015, ten semi-finalists will be announced on December 18, 2015.
Nine of the semi-finalists will be selected by an Ericsson jury, with the remaining place assigned by a public vote.
The ten teams will each work with two selected Ericsson experts to develop a minimum viable product (MVP).
Four teams will be chosen by the jury to participate in the EIA 2016 grand final in 2016 in Stockholm, Sweden.
- The winning team will receive a cash prize of EUR 25,000, with a second-place prize of EUR 15,000 and two runners-up prizes of EUR 1,000 each.
- Career-enhancing incentives are also on offer: all participants will be invited to apply for Ericsson opportunities, and semi-finalists will be interviewed for internship or other positions.
- September 18- November 30: Phase 1 – Registration and submission. Register your team
- November 30-December 17: Open voting and Ericsson jury evaluation
- December 18: Semi-finalists announcement. 10 teams announced that make it into semi-finals
- December 19-February 11: Phase 2 – Development of a Minimum Viable Product, etc. Working with Ericsson experts to develop your idea.
- February 19: Finalist announcement. 4 teams announced that have made it into the grand final
- Date TBD: Award ceremony / final event in Stockholm, Sweden
For More Information: