Application Deadline: September 4th 2015
Within the framework of Danish development cooperation, the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs hereby invites Phase 1 applications for research grants related to development research. The Call is applicable for both North-driven (Denmark) and South-driven (Ghana, Nepal, and Tanzania) development research grant applicants.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (MFA) provides grants for development research activities as part of Denmark’s international development cooperation. Within this framework, the MFA invites Phase 1 applications for research grants related to development research.
Grants will be awarded to strategic research cooperation which generates new knowledge relevant to the needs and strategies of priority countries and to Denmark’s development cooperation and contributes to strengthening research capacity in these countries.
Applications can only be submitted by an institution, e.g. a governmental institution, private-
sector enterprise or private organization. For the North-driven research projects this implies an institution in Denmark.
For South-driven research projects this implies an institution in Ghana, Tanzania, or Nepal. The
- Main Applicant must be attached to the institution, which will be responsible for the grant, if approved.
- The Main Applicant must at the time of submitting the application hold a Ph.D. or equivalent qualifications, documented clearly in the CV.
- It is regarded as equivalent to a Ph.D. if it is documented in the CV that the applicant is at Professor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor Level.
South-driven research projects Ghana:
- Theme 1: Natural Resource Management/Climate-Smart Agriculture/Environmentally Sustainable Solutions
- Theme 2: Economic Development and Poverty Reduction/Role of the Informal Sector
- Theme 3: Health: Right to Health/Health Care/Determinants of Health
Theme 1: Good Governance
Theme 2: Economic Development and Poverty Reduction/Green Growth/Natural Resource Management
Theme 3: Health: Right to Health/Health Care/Determinants of Health
For the purposes of a Phase 1 application, only a range of the estimated amount applied for must be
indicated (DKK 5-6,9 million, DKK 7-8,9 million, or DKK 9-10 million).
It will be possible to apply for funding for the following budget items:
- Salaries and emoluments;
- Taximeter/educational grants;
- Expenses for trips abroad and fieldwork;
- Project and research materials and equipment;
- Publication, dissemination and communication;
- Administration fees (overhead);
- Study stays in Denmark of PhD students from partner countries;
- External audit;
The applicants must fill in the electronic application form through the e-application system.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (MFA) for grants for Development Research