Submission Deadline: January 29, 2016.
Theme: “How can Africa achieve sustainable and affordable supply of energy for all by 2030?”
The Nigeria Energy Forum is delighted to invite young professionals to make submissions for the 2016 AFRICA ENERGY ESSAY CONTEST. The essay contest will take the form of a letter written to the UN Secretary General, highlighting the challenges and opportunities for sustainable energy development in Africa.
The contest follows the UN’s declaration of the decade 2014-2024 as the ‘Decade of Sustainable Energy for All’. The contest is open to all young professionals with an interest in the area of sustainable energy. We define young professionals as anyone under the age of 35.
The winners of the essay contest will receive commendation certificates and prizes, including a unique opportunity to discuss their innovative approach to solving Africa’s energy challenge at the Nigeria Energy Forum, to be held at the Oriental Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria from April 12-13, 2016.
- First Prize: iPad mini, ₦ 60,000 ($300) gift voucher, certificate of excellence and opportunity to speak at the Africa Energy Dinner on April 12, 2016.
- Second Prize : ₦ 40,000 ($200) gift voucher, certificate of excellence and opportunity to speak at the Africa Energy Dinner.
- Third Prize : ₦ 20,000 ($100) gift voucher, certificate of excellence and opportunity to attend the energy dinner.
- All shortlisted entrants will be profiled at the Nigeria Energy Forum and the top 10 essays will be published on the forum website.
Essay Submission Guidelines
- Young professionals should submit their essays as an email attachment in Word Document or PDF form, to email@example.com
- The subject line of the email should read, ‘Africa Energy Essay Contest’.
- All essays must be received by 11:59 PM GMT, January 29, 2016.
- Please name the file as: First & Last Name_Organisation (e.g. John Appiah_University of Accra)
- Essays must include a cover page with the contestant’s full name, address, phone number and email address.