In 2016, to celebrate the initiative’s four decades of existence, Rolex will offer five Laureate Awards and five Young Laureate Awards, asking an independent Jury of experts to choose 10 exceptional individuals who demonstrate that they have pioneering projects that will benefit the world.
- The Rolex Awards are open to anyone over 18 years of age, of any nationality, whose ground-breaking project is helping to expand the knowledge of our world and improve the quality of life on the planet.
- Projects are grouped broadly in the areas of science and health, applied technology, exploration and discovery, the environment, and cultural heritage.
- The Laureates will each receive 100,000 Swiss francs and the Young Laureates 50,000 Swiss francs each to advance their projects.
- They will also benefit from worldwide publicity and receive a Rolex chronometer.
- Candidates for the Rolex Awards can submit their project ideas in a short online pre-application.
For More Information: