Application Deadline: August 21st 2015
International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO) offers fellowships through the Freezailah Fellowship Fund to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry and related disciplines.
The goal is to promote the sustainable management of tropical forests, the efficient use and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information about the international trade in tropical timber.
The Program aims to develop human resources and enhance professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry, tropical timber industries and related disciplines, with a view to promoting sustainable management of tropical forests, efficient utilization and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information on the international trade in tropical timber.
- Only nationals of ITTO Member countries are eligible to apply.
Africa (12): Benin Republic, Cameroon, Central African Republic,Côte d’Ivoire,Democratic Republic of the Congo, Congo,Gabon,Ghana,Liberia, Mali, Mozambique,Togo
- Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
- Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for another ITTO Fellowship within two years of receiving the first award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
- The maximum amount for a fellowship grant is US$10,000.
- Fellowships are awarded mainly to nationals of developing member countries.
- Participation in international/regional conferences, short-term training courses, training internships at industries, research and educational institutions, study tours, and lecture/demonstration tours;
- Technical document preparation, publication and dissemination, such as manuals and monographs;
- Small grants for post-graduate studies.
Fellowship applications will be assessed against the following selection criteria (in no priority order):
- Consistency of the proposed activity with the Programme’s objective and priority areas;
- Qualifications of the applicant to undertake the proposed Fellowship activity;
- The potential of the skills and knowledge acquired or advanced under the Fellowship activity to lead to wider applications and benefits nationally and internationally;
- Reasonableness of costs in relation to the proposed Fellowship activity.
Additional consideration will be given to:
- Geographic and gender balance;
- Balance among the ITTO priority areas;
- Competency in the language in which the training will be given, where applicable (eg courses, conferences, study tours).
- The maximum amount for a fellowship is US$10,000.
- ITTO Fellowships provides tuition/training/conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances.
- For post-gradate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided.
- Approved Fellowships are non-transferable to other programmes or institutions.
Deadline: 21st August 2015
• Fellowship activities should start later than 1 February 2016
• Results of the Selection Panel will be posted on http://www.itto.int by the end of November 2015.
For More Information: