Application Deadline: June 15, 2015.
Do you dream of studying at Harvard, Stanford or MIT, or any other top university listed in the OC application but do not have the funding? Your dream can become a reality with the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program
Applicants need to:
- Fulfill the placement tests and documentation requirements of the scholarship program.
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will NOT be given to holders of dual nationality).
- Plan on pursuing their master’s degree in one of the top five universities in the United States in the field of Business Administration or Construction Management.
- Be prepared to depart for study in the United States in the academic year 2016
- Commit to returning to Egypt for two years upon the completion of the master’s degree program.
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or Very Good (overall grade).
- Have been involved or are currently involved in extracurricular activities (applicants should be able to provide proof of participation in extracurricular activities when required).
- Have a minimum of three years of work experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time.
Note: Candidates who already have one Master’s degree from a foreign, or who have an Egyptian Master’s degree in the same field they are applying for will not be considered. Candidates with an Egyptian Master’s degree in a technical field will be considered.
- All applicants must take and submit their score for the Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Internet-based Test (iBT recent score within 2 years)
- Applicants interested in pursuing a master’s degree in Business Administration must take and submit the score of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT- recent score within 5 years).
- Applicants interested in pursuing a master’s degree in Construction Management must take and submit the score of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE-recent score within 5 years).
Minimum scores required:
- TOEFL iBT : 100 or above
- GMAT: 650 or above
- GRE: 1000 or above (in the Verbal & Quantitative sections) & 4.5/6 or above (in the Analytical section of the exam). Or a GRE score of 302 or above on the new GRE test.
Please note that you must apply to the scholarship program before applying to the top universities in the U.S. The list of endorsed universities is as follows: Harvard University (MA), Stanford University (CA), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, California Institute of Technology, Princeton University (NJ), Yale University (CT), Dartmouth University (NH), Cornell University (NY), Carnegie Mellon University (PA), Northwestern University (IL), Duke University (NC), University of Chicago (IL), UCLA, University of California-Berkeley, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Texas-Austin, Columbia University.
- In addition to full tuition, the scholarship award will cover living, travel and health insurance expenses.