Application Deadline: July 27th 2017
Interested in sharpening your digital skills while working alongside your peers in London? Eager to share your experience with award-winning colleagues abroad? Apply to the News Corp Media Fellowship for a chance to learn how some of the most prestigious news outlets in the world operate.
Working with ICFJ, News Corp will bring two journalists from any country in Africa to London to spend a month honing their journalistic skills at The Times and at The Wall Street Journal London bureau. During the fellowship, participants will have the opportunity to get a 360-degree view of both newsrooms.
- English-speaking African journalists, videographers, newsroom editors, bloggers and journalists from all areas of expertise and any country in Africa are welcome to apply.
- All travel and fellowship expenses are covered by the program.
- To complement the four-week fellowship, ICFJ will design a three-day orientation in London, which will prepare the fellows for their time in the newsrooms.
- Appointments with key journalists, media experts and technologists will also be part of the program.
- During the fellowship the selected fellows will have the opportunity to learn how the top London news outlets are navigating the transformations impacting journalism.
Participants arrive in London: October 22, 2017
Orientation in London: October 23 – 25, 2017
Attachment phase: October 26 – November 22, 2017
November 23, 2017: Participants fly back to their home countries.
For More Information: