Application Deadline: May 23rd 2023
The EnerTracks Fellowship Programme: A small group of eight fellows is invited to come to the Agora Energiewende office in Berlin, Germany. Each fellow continues working part-time for their home institution while participating in training sessions that are prepared and facilitated by Agora Energiewende energy experts. These multi-disciplinary sessions cover a variety of topics such as energy markets, power system flexibility, and research methodologies, among others. Supplemental online and reading material, as well as group discussions, complement each of these sessions.
With the support of their Agora Energiewende mentors, each fellow tackles one specific transformation topic of their choice. The topic should be relevant from the perspective of the fellow’s own organisation, with the intention of transferring the learnings into their domestic work.
- 24th April 2023 – 2nd June 2023 (Participant cohort selected)
- 6th November 2023 – 15th December 2023
- Applicants must be a national of an Official Development Aid (ODA recipient) country.
- Due to German regulations, we ask that in-person participants be able to provide proof of complete vaccination protection against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.
- Applicants must be currently employed or affiliated to a think tank or other civil society organisation and/or an academic body researching energy policy or another relevant field (exceptions see below).
- Applicants must have around five years of professional experience in the energy or climate sector at the time of application. Enertrack is looking for participants with leadership potential who are at a “tipping point” stage in their careers, rather than those who fit a particular age requirement.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university, in economics, environmental science, engineering, political science, or similar (masters’ degree preferred).
- Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Applicants should have a sincere interest in tackling climate change issues and the energy transformation in their home country as well as a strong understanding of power systems, energy economics, and climate and energy policy, policy instruments / processes
- Applicants should possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and humility.
What to expect
Over the course of the 6-week EnerTracks fellowship programme, participants will receive:
- Circa 45 hours of tailored sessions delivered and prepared by the Agora Energiewende teams
- Inclusion in the day-to-day work of Agora Energiewende’s Berlin office
- One-to-one mentoring from Agora Energiewende experts
- The opportunity to publish an article on the Agora Energiewende blog
- Excursion to the Agora Energiewende office in Brussels
Upon completion of the programme participants will receive:
- A certificate documenting participation
- Access to the EnerTracks alumni network
All EnerTracks fellows receive:
- A travel grant covering half of the costs (up to max. 450€) of participants’ international travel expenses (excluding visa costs)
- All-expenses paid accommodation in Berlin
- Berlin-wide public transport tickets for the duration of the Fellowship
- A modest daily stipend
- Available office space at our office in the heart of Berlin
- Health insurance
- A letter of support for visa application processes
The following costs are to be borne by the applicant:
- Visa fees
- Travel costs for transport to and from airports
- Other personal costs arising during the time in Berlin
How to Apply
Once you have read the programme information and eligibility criteria carefully, please submit the following in one single (English language) PDF document via the online application form.
- Your CV/resume (max. 2 pages)
- A letter of support from your home institution granting you permission to participate in the training (Applications not including this letter may be automatically rejected)
- A motivation letter describing your current responsibilities in your organisation and how the training programme(s) would support your work in your home country (max. 500 words; around 4000 characters with spaces)
Applications for the EnerTracks Fellowship: Aside from the motivation letter, applicants must also include information on the specific research topic/project they would like to expand on with their Agora mentor AND how this topic relates directly to their work (max. 250 words). Applications for the Fellowship not including information on the research topic may be automatically rejected.
Please use the following naming convention for this document: firstname_lastname_AgoraTraining_Spring2023 (ex.: joan_smith_AgoraTraining_Spring2023)
Note: Please have all documents ready before starting the application form. Unfortunately, you cannot save a partially completed form and continue working on it at a later point in time. The entire form must be completed in one session and submitted. Once you have submitted the application form, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure your email address is spelled correctly and check your spam folder.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the EnerTracks Fellowship Programme 2023