Application Deadline: October 08, 2018, 23:59 East Africa Time (EAT)
The AWARD Fellowship is a career development program initiated in 2008, to strengthen and sharpen the research and leadership skills of African women in agricultural science, empowering them to contribute more effectively to accelerating agricultural gains in Africa. AWARD Fellows benefit from a two-year fellowship focused on fostering mentoring partnerships, building science skills, and developing leadership capacity. Following a highly competitive process, the fellowship is awarded based on intellectual merit, leadership capacity and the potential impact of the scientist’s research to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers.
The AWARD Pan-African Fellowship takes a similar approach to career development by extending the benefits of the fellowship to female scientists from francophone Africa to maximize interactions between English and French speaking women in agricultural science. The call for applications for the second round of the AWARD Pan-African Fellowship, which will commence in February 2019, is now open.
Candidates for the fellowship must:
- Be aged 40 and below at the time of application
- Be a citizen of Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, and Togo
- Have attained a minimum education level of a bachelor’s degree
- Reside in Africa and doing research in agricultural related fields including but not limited to agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, agronomy, food science and nutrition, extension education, ecology; molecular biology, plant/animal breeding, crop science, animal and livestock sciences, entomology, natural resource management; virology; soil science; aquatic resources/fisheries, forestry and agroforestry, biodiversity conservation, horticulture; water/irrigation management
- NOT be a previous fellow/mentor in the AWARD Fellowship Initiative
- Particular attention will be accorded to applicants working on sustainable agricultural value chains; sustainable food system; agro-ecology and resilient seed systems
When attending an AWARD workshop, expenses are fully covered. AWARD covers expenses for training programs, travel and other related items.
For More Information: