Submission Deadline: September 15th 2016
Submissions are now being accepted for the AfDB Development Evaluation Week 2016 Photo Contest, a special feature of Evaluation Week, which will be held in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, from 07 to 11 November 2016. The photo contest is open to African Development Bank regional member country nationals that are interested in development evaluation and have proven experience and/or an educational background in evaluation.
- Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, relevance for the theme of Evaluation Week 2016, and overall impact in relation to the evaluation story. preference will be given to photos taken as part of an evaluation project and in one of the “High 5’ thematic areas.
- Submissions must be original and unpublished photos, accompanied by a 100 word write up about the photo, what it represents, especially in relation to development evaluation.
- The evaluation work during which the photo was taken, the location and date must be clearly indicated, and the submitter must have been involved in the evaluation.
- No more than two photos may be submitted by the same person.
- All winners will receive a trophy and a certificate and the photos will be used in Evaluation Matters, the AfDB’s quarterly knowledge publication.
- In addition, the submitter of the best photo will receive a $1000 bursary to attend Evaluation Week in Cote d’Ivoire.
- The runner-up will receive a $750 bursary to attend Evaluation Week, and the second runner up will receive a $500 bursary to attend Evaluation Week.
- Winners will be notified by end Sept and announced at AfDB Evaluation Week.
- Submitted photos will be included in a photo exhibition during Evaluation Week.
Note: Bursaries will paid in cash at the conference; winners are expected to make their own arrangements to attend the conference
How to enter
- To enter the 2016 Photo Contest, submit your photo along with a cover sheet indicating your name, affiliation, gender, nationality, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone/fax number (if available), and a note on how you learned about the contest.
- The deadline for submissions is midnight (Abidjan Time) on September 15, 2016.
- Submit your photos via email to [email protected].
For More Information: