Application Deadline: November 22nd 2020
The President of Egypt, Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, announced the African App Launchpad initiative within the closing ceremony of the World Youth Forum (WYF) 2018 on Nov 6, 2018 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African States and foster establishment of sustainable startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL targets to build capacity of 10,000 young calibers and support the establishment of 100 startups in gaming and app development across all Africa. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
Eligible Africa Countries:
- Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
Apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 Years OldTeam Size not Less than 2 MembersA Working Prototype at least is a Must
The submitted applications as well as pitching will be judged on the 4 following areas
- Innovation Originality/Creativity
- Business Model
- Art and/or Design of the Game/App
- Team Competencies.
Value of Award:
- $72,000 Total Cash Prizes for Winners
- Business planning training by GrindStone
- Acceleration Program by Microsoft through THINKROOM
- Access to VCs for top winning startups
For More Information: