Application Deadline: July 10th 2020
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) was established in 1988 as a public not-for-profit organization devoted to the advancement of economic policy research and training in Africa. The Consortium’s mandate and strategic intent is built on the basis that sustained development in sub-Saharan Africa requires well-trained, locally based professional economists. AERC agitates the provision of capacity building in economic policy in Francophone and Anglophone African countries through provision of support in the areas of policy research and graduate training.
AERC wishes to announce the 2020/2021 Masters scholarships for applicants from Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries admitted into any of the following AERC Collaborative Masters Programme (CMAP) in Economics universities:
|· Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia||· University of Botswana|
|· University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania||· University of Cape Coast, Ghana|
|· University of Ghana, Legon||· University of Nairobi, Kenya|
|· University of Mauritius||· University of Namibia|
|· University of Malawi||· University of Zimbabwe|
|· Makerere University|
Qualifications and Requirements:
To qualify for scholarship, applicant must:
- Have applied and been admitted to any one of the listed CMAP universities;
- Have attained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics or related field from an accredited university; and
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants must submit their applications for admission directly to the respective universities (application procedure can be obtained from the respective university’s website). Upon receipt of an admission letter from a specific university, applicants shall send the following documents to AERC on [email protected] and copy [email protected].
- Application cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Evidence of admission at any of the universities listed above; and
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates
The deadline for applying for the scholarship is July 10, 2020
For More Information: