Application Deadline: Monday, 17th April 2017.
- The AGF team is looking to appoint a passionate, independent and hardworking progression mentor (PM) who is committed to helping our school offer the best educational standards.
- The applicant appointed will have good results in Maths and/or Physics at A-level or equivalent level and a genuine academic interest and enthusiasm for these subjects, and will be able to inspire our students. Skills in teaching English or Computer Science will be a benefit.
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, and possess a willingness to work with and learn from experienced Ghanaian teachers.
- They will also be able to contribute to the varied extra-curricular life of the school and aid students in their university and future career choices and applications.
As part of this role, PMs will support students within the Maths and Physics classes. They will also contribute to the varied extra-curricular life of the school and support students with university applications. In addition, they will be responsible for mentoring small groups of students. There are also opportunities for PMs to be involved in other parts of running the school, such as marketing, fundraising and web design.
AFRICAN GIFTED FOUNDATION are looking for individuals with good results in Maths and/or Physics at A-level (or equivalent), a genuine academic interest and enthusiasm for these subjects, and the ability to inspire our students. Skills in teaching English or Computer Science will be an added benefit.
The Placement starts on 6th August 2017 and runs until the end of October or the mid December (5 or 3 month placements are available for this position).
- Passion for Maths and Science
- Top Maths and/or Physics A
- Levels (or equivalent)
- Fluency in English (there is the possibility for PMs to run extra English classes)
Highly Desirable Experience:
- Previous volunteer experience, preferably in Africa
- Good Computer skills
- Ability to do computer programming
- Experience teaching or tutoring secondary level students in any subjects
- Knowledge of use of technology to enhance learning
- Enthusiasm, conviction, initiative and personal commitment
Exemplary communication skills
A confident and articulate individual, comfortable acting as a source of authority
Excellent team working skills
Consistency and accountability
Good organisational skills
Good time management
Seeking advice and support when necessary
- The AGF Team offer PMs on this placement a living allowance of £250/ month during their time working with them.
- In addition to the monthly allowance, PMs are provided with accommodation (on the school campus in a shared room with other PMs), utilities covered, 3 meals a day (plus snack) and free wifi.
- The basis for the calculation of this living allowance includes the cost of living in Ghana, local employees’ salaries and other benefits provided.
- Assistance with flights to and from Ghana may be available in certain circumstances.
- Completed Application Form
- A letter of application (no longer than one page), briefly outlining why you wish to apply to become a PM at our school, what specific skills, qualities and experience you can offer the school, and why you feel confident in meeting the challenges of this opportunity and of living and working in Ghana.
- Applications close on the Monday, 17th April 2017.
- Interviews will be arranged thereafter via skype or in person.
- For further information and discussion of the role, please contact Helen Denyer, at email@example.com
For More Information: