Application Deadline: May 17, 2016.
Topic: Entrepreneurs are the creative force in the economy. Is your government helping or hindering them?
The Nation Newspaper, Nigeria, and African Liberty Organization for Development (ALOD) in collaboration Network for a Free Society (NFS), is calling for entries into the 2016 essay competition.
Participants must discuss the topic using contemporary examples
- Participant must be a student in any tertiary institutions (university, polytechnic, college of education and technical schools) in all African countries.
- The format of the text should be in Microsoft Word and not more than 1,500 words.
- Be informed that no participant is allowed to lift materials directly from works of any author and claim to be his/her own.
- Plagiarism automatically disqualifies any entry, which contains work of another author.
- If any text or sentence is copied from another author’s work, it must be shown in quotation marks and writer must credit the original author at the bottom of the paper
1st-George Ayittey (Platinum Prize): $1,000 and scholarship to the 2016 Liberty Camp/Event/ in East Africa OR West Africa in 2016
2nd-Anthony Fisher (Gold Prize): $700 and scholarship to the 2016 Liberty Camp/Event/ in East Africa OR West Africa in 2016
3rd-Franklin Cudjoe (Silver Prize): $500 and scholarship to the 2016 Liberty Camp/Event/ in East Africa OR West Africa in 2016
4th- The Nation CAMPUSLIFE (Media Bronze Prize): $300 and 2016 Liberty Camp/Event/ in East Africa OR West Africa in 2016
5th- Rejoice Ngwenya Prize: $250 and 2016 Liberty Camp/Event/ in East Africa OR West Africa in 2016
There are also have 7 (seven) consolation prize of $50 each
- On the first page of the completed essay, participant must write his/her full names, department, and year of study, name and country of institution, gender and age . Also include your email address and functional mobile phone number.
- All entries should be sent to: [email protected]
- Entries will be received between March 14th and May 17, 2016. Late entries will not be accepted. Winners will be announced on June 23, 2016.
- 6 selected Judges from Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania and Zimbabwe will mark and come up with winners. Please note that their decision on the result is final.
For More Information: