Application Deadline: September 26, 2022
Youth voices are pivotal to ensure Food and Nutrition Security in Africa and this year 2022 is a remarkable year for Nutrition where the African Union will commemorate it through the annual landmark event “Africa Day for Food and Nutrition Security” to be held from 31st October to 1 November 2022.
To this effect, it is important to raise youth voices and value their work in this sector. The Youth Consortium, a coalition of individuals and organisations, is organising a side event on the topic, “Role of Youth as Human Capital Agents towards a Transformative & Resilient Agro-Food Systems in Africa » during the “Africa Day for Food and Nutrition Security (ADFNS)” to be scheduled on 31st October 2022. It would be great to choose and announce a youth champion during this side event in Food and Nutrition security in Africa.
The Youth Consortium is pleased to launch a call for applications to identify, challenge and sustain a champion in Nutrition for this year, 2022.
If you’re an early career professional or work along the value chains of Agro-Food Systems, under 35, with a record of engagement or expertise in Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security, we highly encourage you to apply.
- Under the age of 35 years old,
- He or She has to be from one of the African Member States,
- Minimum two years of work experience in Agriculture, agro-food systems or related field,
- Carrying an innovative project in Agriculture, agro-food systems or related area to ADFNS that was implemented more than one year,
- Good communication skills in one of African Union official languages,
- Ability and availability to travel to Mauritius during the ADFNS event or to connect online,
- Indigenous people , women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged
- Recognition as 2022 Youth Champion in Nutrition,
- Cash prize of 1,000 USD and/or Fully funded trip to the main event, Africa Day for Food and Nutrition Security 2022*
- Promote his/her project during the event
Venue to be determined soon.
Video Format and Upload
- The maximum length of video is 3 minutes
- The video orientation must in landscape
- All entries must either be submitted in English or French, if in another language, include English subtitles.
- There is no entry fee
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, video clips, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
Questions to address in Your Video
- What Questions To Answer in Your Video
- Who are you and where you are from
- How does your work/activities relate to Nutrition and Food Security?
- What are you doing innovatively and sustainably to contribute to Nutrition and Food Security?
Video Upload Instructions
- Participants MUST FIRST upload their video (3mins max) on YouTube
- Share the YouTube Link of the video to your Twitter feed and tag @YouthConsort before Tweeting using the official campaign hashtags:
#TheYouthConsortium #YearofNutrition #Youth4Nutrition
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the African Union Youth Champion in Nutrition Program 2022