Application Deadline: March 18th 2019 (11PM)
AIMS-NEI, in partnership with Mastercard Foundation, is launching the MCF Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Fund (MCF – SIEF). l .
The MCF – SIEF aims to better prepare AIMS Mastercard Foundation scholars and alumni with knowledge and skills to innovate and generate creative solutions to social challenges. Participants will collaborate and create inspirational entrepreneurial projects that contribute to improving their lives and that of others.
The program brings together Mastercard Foundation Scholars, alumni and other AIMS Scholars and alumni to learn how Design Thinking works and how to apply it to real-world challenges. Participants will work on a specific design challenge in one of the following broad areas:
Improving existing livelihoods;
Enabling diversification of income; or
Creating dignified and fulfilling work (jobs).
- By the end of the program, participants will have developed innovative entrepreneurial solutions ready to be pitched to others.
- Participants will compete at the Final Challenge on May 31st for seed funding grants of up to $10,000 as well as further mentorship support.
- Skills and knowledge in Design Thinking and social innovation
- Certificate of completion for participants attending all training sessions
- Seed funding grants of up to $10,000 for winning solutions
- Mentorship support for winning solutions
- Opportunity to collaborate with other Mastercard Foundation Scholars and Alumni
- Training sessions: 6 training sessions to be delivered on a weekly basis. The sessions will last approximately 3 hours and will be delivered on the side of classroom hours (during weekdays and/or Saturdays).
- Individual work: Besides attending the sessions, participants are encouraged to dedicate at least 2 hours per week to further work on their project ideas.
- Final challenge: At the end of the program, participants will present their solution at the Final Challenge, which will look for the best project ideas with demonstrable viability.
- Seed funding & Mentorship: Winning solutions will receive seed funding grants and further mentorship support over the course of two months.
- 4 March: Applications open
- 18 March: Applications close
- 21 March: Accepted students will be notified
- 29 March: Training sessions start
- 17 May: Training sessions end
- 31 May: Final Challenge
- June – July: Follow up and mentorship support
For More Information: