Application Deadline: August 30th 2015
When: 3 to 12 months, in any period within 2016.
In 2016 the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) once again opens its doors for fellow researchers from all over the globe. HIIG invite applications from early stage researchers pursuing transdisciplinary internet research.
The fellowship provides a unique opportunity to innovative thinkers to exchange experiences and set up new initiatives in an inviting intellectual environment. In addition, you will get in touch with other fellows during the common research period.
- Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) OR
- PhD in final stage / PostDoc (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is appreciated
- Research experience and an Internet research project of your own
- Fellows are expected to bring their own funding through their home institution or outside grants. Fellows must take care of their accommodation, insurance, childcare, and transportation arrangements.
- However, in specific cases HIIG can provide a travel allowance of up to € 700,- and a visa subsidy of up to € 200,- on request.
Required application documents
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation explaining your interest in the fellowship, your expectations and your research background (1 page)
- Outline of a) your research project, b) the work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, c) contributions you plan to realise during your stay, d) projects on our research agenda that are of interest to you, and e) if possible, preferred project partners at our institute (maximum 3 pages total)
- Optional: your latest publication or work sample covering Internet research (maximum of 1 paper / chapter / presentation in English or German)
Applications will only be accepted through our onine application form.
E-Mail: [email protected]
For More Information: