Application Deadline: November 13th 2015
Report on the relationship between business & society, tell the world how business can act as a force for good and win a fully funded 2-week trip to Ghana, mentorship and a guaranteed place in New York at Merit360. In a challenge by Alquity, judged and supported by global thought leaders. #UbuntuPeople.
Apply and become eligible to win a fully funded 2-week trip to Ghana, working on microfinance projects, immersing yourself in the culture and working on social projects. You will also have a global thought leader as mentor and a ring fenced place in New York at Merit360, tackling the SDGs.
If we want to change the world, we need to integrate all aspects of the economy into society, including businesses. Businesses need to act as a force for good. The future of business lies in the concept of moral values where business acts responsibly as a core contributing part of society.
For-profit businesses can contribute to a better society and a greener planet. But often, the relationship between business and society can use improvement. This is your chance to send a clear message to the businesses and political leaders of today, from you; the leaders of tomorrow.
Ubuntu* People are socially responsible young people passionate about creating a positive role for business in society. YOU!
- Between 18 – 30
- Speaks (at least average) English
- Has an interest in business, entrepreneurship,finance, social investment or is eager to learn about it
- Has a passion to change the world for the better
- The Ubuntu People trip will take place in Ghana, Africa, for a total of 2 weeks. Return flights are fully funded by Alquity from your nearest international airport.
- The 2 weeks will be spent with Afrikids and Concern Universal; immersing yourself in the work they are doing and their microfinance projects.
- You will spend some days living with a family who are direct beneficiaries of Alquity funding.
- You will get an iPhone 6 loaded with data ready for you to send photos, blogs, videos and to regularly update the rest of the world via social media.
- Once the trip is over, you will be featured as a guest blogger on our Alquity Blog, where you can write about issues around Responsible Business.
- The iPhone 6 will be with you until Merit360, where you can blog and update the world on your experiences again.
- Both the campaign winner and the 5 runner ups will get a guaranteed place at World Merit’s program Merit360.
- Merit360 is to be the worlds most significant program for global citizens committed to tackle the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- In August 2016, World Merit will gather 360 changemakers from all over the world in the USA for two weeks, to work on projects that will contribute in tackling the SDGs. It concludes in the United Nations Head Quarters in New York and will include many global leaders as speakers and mentors.
- The winner will speak about their experience in Ghana and/or about a theme that can be agreed upon by the winner, Alquity and World Merit.
1 Winner: The Ubuntu People Campaign winner will get a two-week trip to Ghana working on microfinance projects, building employability skills for young adults and immersing in the culture. The winner also gets a ring fenced place in New York on Merit360 and will receive mentoring from one of the judges or influencers.
5 runner ups: The 5 runner ups get a ring fenced place in New York on Merit360 and will receive mentoring from one of the judges or influencers.
To apply, you need to create a piece of content in the online medium of your choice (a video, photo-essay, blog post, infographics…) telling us what you think is wrong about the relationship between business and society. Importantly, we also want to know how you’d go about making business a force for good.
Follow these steps:
1. For videos: Use one of the frames or banners provided in the pack at either the beginning or end of your piece of content.
2. Fill in the application form on the World Merit website.
3. Submit your content for judging.
4. Share the link to your content on Twitter and/or Facebook and make sure to use the hashtag #UbuntuPeople. You will receive a personalised link with your submission located on the World Merit website. Your ability to communicate and engage people on social media is important and will be taken into account by the judges.
A panel of judges will score your submission based on the following criteria:
1) Content, quality, flow, design and feel of your submission
2) Impact and reach of your submission (based on how many view your submission on the World Merit website, your social media reach with #UbuntuPeople and any other impact reports you want to share).
Apply Now for the WorldMerit/Acquity Ubuntu People Challenge 2015
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the WorldMerit/Alquity Ubuntu People Challenge