Application Deadline: December 5, 2022
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) students program is a joint effort between the US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC), and AUC. TLG equips academically qualified and economically deserving students with the professional qualifications and experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes through organized graduate study and research that furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders and proposes local solutions to shared problems in the MENA region.
TLG offers students from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) a unique opportunity to pursue higher education and earn a master’s degree at The American University in Cairo (AUC) in one of the following graduate programs:
- Master of Arts in Gender and Women’s Studies in the Middle East/North Africa
- Master of Arts in International and Comparative Education (EDUL)
- Master of Arts in Migration and Refugee Studies (MRS)
- Master of Arts in Economics in International Development (ECID)
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication (JRMC)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MA in Middle East Studies (MES)
- The students who are eligible to join should be nationals/citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Meet AUC graduate admission requirements
- Strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Possess maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
- Financial need
The TLG students program is awarded for two years, in addition to any academic English language remedial courses that might be needed, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The TLG students program covers:
1. Full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters
2. Medical insurance
3. A monthly stipend
4. Student Housing
6. Internship/practicum opportunity, including local transportation costs if needed
7. Opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants
8. Two annual round-trip economy air tickets from home to campus; or housing and living stipend to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control
How to Apply:
The TLG application deadline for fall 2023 is December 5, 2022, and the AUC graduate admission deadline is December 15, 2022.
Step 1: Submit the TLG application
Step 2: Check how to apply and submit the online TLG students program – Graduate admission application.
For More Information: