Application Deadline: JUNE 15TH 2017
The Euro-Med Exchange Programme is giving young talents and key actors, such as members of civil society organisations, exchange/traineeship opportunities across 42 Euro-Mediterranean countries, aiming to support knowledge exchange, strengthen dialogue and intercultural cooperation that are crucial for the stable and sustainable development in the Region.
The programme is designed to support synergies, cross-disciplinary activities and innovative project ideas related to intercultural dialogue (ICD), involving young actors from both shores of the Mediterranean, giving them the spaces to gain new perspectives on how to drive positive change.
The Anna Lindh Foundation is especially welcoming applications from key actors that will work on projects related to:
- Migration and Intercultural Cities
- Anti-radicalisation and Gender
- Translation and Publishing
The EuroMed Exchange Programme is working on two modalities:
- Twinning Exchange: an organisation can send an ICD Actor and host another ICD Actor. The organisations have to be in different countries. The exchanges don’t need to take place at the same time.
- Sending Exchange: an organisation can send an ICD Actor to be hosted by another organisation. The organisations have to be in different countries.
Priority will be given to North-South twinning exchanges between members and between members&non-members. However, South-South and West-East (Europe) patterns will also be supported.
- Be a national or a legal resident of one of the 42 Euro-Med Partnership countries (9), incl. Libya or Syria;
- Be at least 18 years old at the start of the exchange/traineeship service;
- Be a professional/member of a registered organisation in the Euro-Med region
- Have excellent knowledge of at least one of the following languages (English, French and Arabic);
- Be working on a project related to ICD;
- Be conducting the exchange/traineeship service at the Hosting Organisation;
- Be not a former beneficiary of the DAWRAK Exchange Programme or EuroMed Exchange Programme. The ICD Actor(s) can benefit only once from the exchange.
ICD Actors are young talents and key actors that are taking part in the programme.
- North: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom;
- South: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia, Turkey.
- West: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom;
- East: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia.
Duration of the Traineeship
- The duration of the exchange/traineeship service varies between a minimum of 30 days and the maximum of 90 days with no possibility for extension. It is possible to apply for 30, 45, 60, 75 or 90 days;
- The traineeship service cannot start before 15 June 2017 and cannot go beyond 30 September 2017;
- For procedural reasons, ALF may request to fix another date of commencement and/or duration of traineeship period.
- Round trip flight ticket on the most direct economy route with outbound and inbound according to the dates defined in the signed agreement will be directly arranged by ALF. Variations (if any) shall not result in a price difference (a proof would be required by ALF). In case they occur, they shall be covered by the ICD Actor.
- Intercity transportation:
o From residence to airport if located in another city than residence
o From/to airport/Hosting Organisation (if located in another city than airport)
- Monthly allowance to cover housing and daily living costs of the ICD Actor over the duration of the exchange will be indicated in the signed agreement. The basis for calculation corresponds to the 17% of the EC per diem of the country where the ICD Actor(s) will conduct the traineeship
- Visa cost at the time of relocation of the ICD Actor;
- Medical and travel insurance for the duration of the service;
- Cost of courier service for sending to ALF the original agreement and any supporting documents required by ALF.
Any other expenses incurred, as result of the participation of the ICD Actor in the Host Organisation do the latter must cover activities.
How to Apply
The Organisation will apply by:
- Filling in the application form which is available in English and French;
- Attaching to the application form the registration document and/or the statute of the hosting and sending organisations. If these documents are in a language other than English or French or Arabic, a translated summary (extract /excerpt max one page) in English or French (signed and stamped by an authorized representative of the institution/organisation) must be provided;
- Attaching to the application form the CV(s) of the ICD Actor(s) joining the exchange and undertaking the exchange/traineeship;
- Attaching copy of the ICD Actor(s) passport(s). The passport(s) must be valid, at least, for 6 months after the expected termination of the exchange
- Sending the application form and all requested documents to email@example.com
For More Information: