Application Deadline: Ongoing
Are you a recent graduate? Do you have passion for and commitment to helping others? Are you looking for a solid, two-year entry-level work experience in a multicultural environment? If so, you may be interested in the World Bank Group’s employment category: the Junior Professional Associates or JPA.
The Junior Professional Associates is a unique opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience, gaining first-hand exposure to the challenges – and rewards – of international development and poverty reduction.
This is a two-year, entry-level program designed for those skilled in areas such as Economics, Finance, Human Resources Development (public health, education, nutrition, population), Social Sciences (anthropology, sociology), Agriculture, Environment, Private Sector Development, as well as other related fields.
- In your JPA assignment, you’ll use your strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, your knowledge of technology and the web, and your research abilities – working with more senior colleagues and project teams in their operational work.
- You’ll have an opportunity to hone your skills and acquire new ones while gaining first-hand exposure to the challenges of development and poverty alleviation.
- Your experience as a JPA can then be used as a stepping stone to a career in government, consulting, the private sector, or academia.
- Your academic achievements are superior and place you in the top ten percent of your graduating class.
- Your analytical and research skills extend to areas of specialization such as: economics, finance, human resources development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields.
- You are fluent in English and, preferably, in at least one other Bank language (French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, or Chinese).
- You’re not afraid of technology and use it to maximize your work.
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the Junior Professional Associate employment category :
- Be 28 years of age or younger
- Hold the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree (with some relevant experience), a Master’s, or be a PhD candidate with a superior academic record.
- Be fluent in English
- Be fully proficient in one or more of the Bank’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is a plus
For More Information: