Application Deadline: 28 September, 2014.
Facilitate a discussion or pitch idea at GLF youth session in Peru
Where: Lima, Peru
When: December 6 -7 2014
You are just the kind of person we are looking for to lead dynamic, action-oriented roundtable discussions or pitch innovative ideas to an expert panel at the 2014 Global Landscapes Forum.
The Global Landscapes Forums is held alongside the UN climate negotiations, create a platform for positioning landscapes in the new international agreements on climate and sustainable development.
The events bring thousands of negotiators, world leaders, researchers, civil society leaders, business leaders, practitioners and policymakers in agriculture, forestry and development, funding organizations, and media, making it the largest, most influential event outside the UNFCCC COP. Forum participants will benefit from joining the interactive process of seeking combined solutions to the complex challenges common to everyone on the planet.
Despite increasing commitments for youth representation in committees and at conferences, there has not been a space for sufficient mentoring and skill building opportunities so young people can effectively contribute to discussions, network and become better professionals.
Young people (18-30 years old) are also not given many opportunities to discuss and debate integrated approaches to land use in their studies or workplaces. GLF wants to build the skills of youth to become leaders and give them a space to effectively contribute to innovative cross-cutting solutions to land use, climate change and sustainable development issues.
Number of Facilitators Needed:
- 4-8 youth facilitators and
- 4 youth pitchers.
- Youth facilitators will each develop and lead a roundtable discussion on a conference theme (see:www.landscapes.org/glf-2014/about/objective-themes/).
- Youth pitchers will learn the art of pitching an idea to a target audience.
- They will monitor roundtable discussions but will focus on delivering a succinct message derived from the discussion session they attend.
- The selected youth facilitators and pitchers will have their participation costs covered (flights, visas, accommodation, meals, transport).
How to Apply:
Applications must be received by 5pm GMT, 28 September, 2014.
For More Information: