Application Deadline: February 22nd 2015
Eco-generation would like to announce the call for applications for the 14th Eco-generation Regional Ambassador Program.
Samsung Engineering established Eco-generation in 1996 as one of the largest environmental education programs for children and youth in Korea. In 2006, Samsung Engineering expanded the program to the Asia-Pacific region by launching an English Eco-generation (www.eco-generation.org) website in partnership with the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). www.eco-generation.org is a children’s educational environmental website that emphasizes learning and sharing knowledge about the environment.
Eco-generation Regional Ambassador is an elite position awarded to the youth aged between 14 and 24 qualified to represent Tunza Eco-generation. Eco-generation Regional Ambassador Program provides exceptional experiences with the opportunities to actively plan, to execute or participate in various environmental awareness programs in each region and country.
As the representatives of Tunza Eco-generation, Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors must embody the spirit and values of Tunza Eco-generation. Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors must take on various roles to promote and raise environmental awareness for each region and country they are representing.
All Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 13 and 24 who are enthusiastic to spread news about the local environmental issues at the global level.
The 14th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors shall be in position for the next 6 months from March 2015 to August 2015.
Criteria for the selection
- 70% of Application, 30% of Activity Points out of 100%
- Six (6) month of coverage plan should be stated and this should contain concrete action plans.
- Cheating on gathering activity points can cause disqualification
Ambassadors shall post a Self Introduction on the ‘Eco-generation Ambassadors Forum’ page within 7 days after Ambassador Announcement.
– Ambassadors shall post more than 2 environmental articles on the Ambassador Report bulletin. Minimum 12 articles are required for completion of the ambassador term.
– The article should be posted regularly otherwise it can cause disqualification in extension to the next ambassador term.
– Ambassadors shall try to leave kind comments after reading others’ articles on both Ambassador Report and World Report as often as possible so that Eco-generation members can actively exchange thoughts on each other’s regional environmental issues and campaigns.
– Ambassadors shall check their emails as often as possible for responding Tunza Eco-generation’s communication in time.
Improvement of leadership and essay writing skill
– Broadening networks between environmental leaders all over the world
– Non-financial supports such as business cards and Tunza Eco-generation’s Promotional goods including banners, brochures and other school stationeries to support Ambassadors’ campaigns on the environment
– Certificate to verify successful completion of one’s term
– Reference letters except for the college/university admissions available based on the successful completion of the first 3 months
– Advantages to get involved in the various off-line events of Tunza Eco-generation
– Three (3) best ambassador articles to be published on Tunza Eco-generation’s Monthly Newsletter as the best articles of the month
– The Best Ambassador (1 person) who showed the most passionate and active environmental activities to be awarded with a certificate and souvenir(Samsung Gadget) at the end of the term
- How to apply
- Visit Tunza Eco-generation/E-gen Event/Ambassador Program/Application form
– Please submit your plan on how and what to cover for six (6) months when you become an ambassador to your country.
– Application form must include correct mobile phone number, e-mail address, twitter(optional) and facebook(mandatory) account.
– Please upload your profile picture on the personal information page. <Link>
Announcement will be on February 27, 2015, via Tunza Eco-generation website.
For More Information: